Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Visit to the Movies


Today we decided to go to see "Ice Age; Dawn of the Dinosaurs" in glorious 3D. I am not a fan of wearing glasses over my own, much needed pair, but the boys were excited and the threat of rain continued as it has for the past 4 weeks. We met Peanut's friend and his mom at the theater and we all settled down to popcorn soda (the weekly allowance ) and 3D excitement.

I have to admit to having no previous desire to see this movie, I had not seen the first two. I was pleasantly surprised, however and found myself chuckling and even laughing out loud on many occasion. The overall story was meaty enough for the characters to become familiar and the action to move at a fast pace. I really loved the squirrels who popped in and out of the action in their own mini-story which eventually linked to the main plot. Their were all the usual elements of a good movie such as prehistoric animals balanced food and relationship issues, dealt with emotions such as feeling left out of the crowd, and also some more scary parts that were still 'safe' enough to give my little Button a thrill without nightmares.

I recommend this movie as a fun, adult friendly kid-flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment