Friday, July 3, 2009

Summer Reading


My obsession with getting the boys to read continues. I have made a remarkable discovery, however... the boys love to read....ONLINE! Yep, through RAZ-Kids, an online reading site, my boys are reading 3 or 4 books each morning trying to get stars and get to the next level. Button is doing a wonderful job listening to the level AA books for preschoolers and repeating the words as they are read to him by a beautifully articulate online reader. The reader demonstrates great fluency and intonation, modeling how Button should repeat back each sentence or phrase. Peanut is at a level where he can read the book himself or have it read to him. Each book is followed by a comprehension quiz which he does very well with. After abut an hour of reading, I asked the boys if we should visit the library and sign up there...there was a resounding NOOOOO! Oh well, reading is reading, and if they are having fun, I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment